Thursday, June 14, 2007

Best Parents Ever.



Growing up, I wanted to be a doctor.  My parents gave me an anatomy book.  At another time in my life I was interested in weather.  My parents gave me a book on weather. Whatever I dreamed of, my parents made me believe it was possible. 

They also have an incredible skill of making my childhood magical.  When I used to go to bed at night, I would squirm with excitement about the next days events, and with recapping all the great things I had done that day.  I consider my mom genius in creating fun activities on the spot -- I can remember spending hours with her learning to read with flashcards, having tons of fun.  My dad was always up for an adventure -- I loved the walks we went on and the trails we explored.

Today my parents are my best friends.  I get their advice on even the smallest of issues.  Whenever I have a hard decision to make, I consider what they would do in my position.  In my 24 years, the world has taught me that I would be extremely lucky to grow up to be just like them.


Vanessa Hodge
The Youngest Daughter

No comments: